- Last Updated: Tuesday, 01 February 2022 15:48
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Science Central, a hands-on science center (physical, natural and applied sciences), is currently hiring an energetic, outgoing, highly-skilled, organized, time- and detail-oriented individual to present informal, interactive science programs. This is a mid-level position reporting to the Education Director.
Duties will include:
- Lead live, hands-on activities such as demonstrations, workshops, and camps within the building, as well as schools, community centers, and festivals around the community/region
- Set-up and tear-down equipment, tables, and props
- Guide presentations to schools, teachers, scouts, the general public, etc.
- Track data and attendance metrics for grants and reports
- Help order and organize program materials and supplies
REQUIRED SKILLS: Be prepared (record keeping, phone calls, scheduling, getting directions, setting-up and ready to present on time); must be responsible and organized, time- and detail-oriented); comfortable with and interest in science education; have exceptional public speaking and classroom management abilities; energetic, outgoing and enthusiastic, comfortable working with audiences of all sizes/ ages/backgrounds; flexible; professional in attitude and appearance; experience with training staff and volunteers is preferred; ability to accurately complete paperwork, make purchases and track receipts in a timely manner; comfortable with Microsoft Office programs; valid driver’s license and clean driving record; do moderate lifting (approx. 40 pounds).
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a degree in science, engineering, education, communications or related program or equivalent experience; college science classes; ability to work closely in a team environment, as well as be the sole representative of Science Central when off-site; must pass a background check; previous experience in the informal science education field is a plus.
SCHEDULE: Full time. Schedule will include some weekends, early hours and evenings. Must be flexible
SALARY: $30,000/year salary, full-time, non-exempt position, full benefits including medical, dental, etc. and generous paid time off