- Last Updated: Monday, 25 July 2022 18:29
Corporate Giving and Events Manager
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Science Central, a hands-on science center (physical, natural and applied sciences), is currently hiring a knowledgeable, self-motivated, self-directed, creative, outgoing, highly organized fundraiser. This position will build relationships with businesses; help run fundraising events; maintain donor database and records; research corporate sponsors; communicate activities with staff and committees.
Duties will include:
- cultivating philanthropic giving by both current and new corporate donors
- creating donor relations plans and proposals for prospects, and meeting with donors
- recording all visits, contacts, donations, and follow-up information in donor database
- managing fundraising events (gala, golf outing, etc.)
- participating in internal staff/committee and external vendor/community meetings
REQUIRED SKILLS: time- and detail-oriented; self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and meet deadlines; excellent written and verbal skills; communicative and team-oriented; skilled at researching funding sources; able to meet prospects, explain the need for their support, and the value of benefits; able to keep detailed agendas, timelines, notes and records; ability to coordinate and prepare project budgets; can acquire sponsors and auction items; comfortable in a fast-paced environment; sense of humor; moderate lifting (approx. 40 lbs.).
QUALIFICATIONS: College degree preferred; 2+ years experience in fundraising/development, preferably in the non-profit field and in donor relations; experience planning and running events, must be comfortable working in a science-related organization; skilled with Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel; comfortable with and familiarity with donor databases; ability to drive and valid Driver’s License; successful completion of Criminal Background Check.
SCHEDULE: Full-time, schedule will include weekdays, possibly some weekends and evenings, occasional long hours during fundraisers.
SALARY: $40,000-45,000 per year dependent upon experience; exempt position; with full benefits including medical, dental, etc. and generous paid time off
Complete the application and attach
- completed application
- cover letter
- professional references (minimum of 3)
- examples of successful fundraising activities (minimum of 3).