Formally known as the Festival of Trains, STEAMsgiving is an opportunity for visitors to explore a wide range of fun!
- Science - the study of everything
- Technology - the study of information and communication
- Engineering - the study of building, big and small
- Arts - the study of creating
- Mathematics - the study of numbers, quantities, and shapes
Always the Friday, Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving.
- Friday, Nov. 26 -- 10 AM - 5 PM
- Saturday, Nov. 27 -- 10 AM - 5 PM
- Sunday, Nov. 28 -- 12 PM - 5 PM
- $12 at the door
- $10 online (purchase tickets here)
- $9 for groups of 15 or more
- FREE for members (members and children under 2 do not count towards 15)
- Friday, Nov. 26: The arts will take center stage at STEAMsgiving. Visitors will be able to take in a performance by the Harrison String Quintet (11 to 11:45 AM) and witness the artistry of silhouette portraiture from Silhouettes by Chris (11 AM to 2 PM).
- Saturday, Nov. 27: Visitors will have an opportunity to learn about the Northeast Indiana Passenger Rail Association (NIPRA). This organization’s mission is to bring customer-focused passenger rail service back to Fort Wayne and the communities that make up northern Indiana. Speakers for the 11 AM presentation will be NIPRA Vice President Jack Daniel and Executive Committee Member Craig Blume. For younger visitors, there will be an afternoon story time with a train engineering activity.
- Sunday, Nov. 28: General Motors’ Priyanka Koratpallikar, an industrial engineer for the auto manufacturer, will give a demonstration on assembly lines and efficiency systems. Ivy Tech engineering students will also be in attendance today, showcasing the abilities of LEGO robots.
This event is presented by