January 10: Nocturnal Animals
- Shhh… quietly explore the animals that venture out at night.
- Topic: Anatomy – “Our Bodies”
- Explore the different parts of our bodies: from our organs and bones, to our fingers and toes!
- Book: Parts by Ted Arnold
- Topic: Geology – The Earth and You
- Explore how our Earth moves and changes by making models of the Earth!
- Book: “If Rocks Could Sing” by Leslie McGurik
- Topic: Astronomy – Up in the Night Sky
- Explore space and our solar system and all it has to offer!
- Book: “Ellen” by Patty Rodriguez and Ariana Stein
- Topic: Biology – Penquin Play
- Do some fun activities while exploring and learning about penguins!
- Book: “Penguin and Pinecone” by Salina Yoon
- Topic: Engineering – 3, 2, 1 Blast Off
- Design 3 different rockets to discover which rocket will travel the farthest!
- Book: “Rocket to the Moon” by Lerryn Korda
- Topic: Chemistry – Fizz and Foam
- Explore different chemical reactions and how to use them to have some chemistry fun!
- Book: “Matter: See It, Touch It, Taste It, Smell It” by Darlene R Stille
- Topic: Biology – Busy Bees
- Get to know your local pollinators by exploring all the interesting things that bees do!
- Book: “The Thing About Bees: A Love Letter” by Shabazz Larkin
- Second Tuesday
- Third Tuesday (session repeats)
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Registration Closes: One week before session date
- $15 (covers one child + one adult)
- $15 (each additional participating child)
- $5 (each additional adult)
Policies and Procedures
All participants must be registered at least seven days prior to each program date. This would be the Tuesday before the Tuesday program. You will receive an email confirmation containing barcoded tickets. Bring them on the day of your program.
If you need to cancel a registration, you must contact Science Central at least seven days prior to the program date. Refunds are only given seven days prior to event day.
Walk-ins will not be permitted on the day of an event.
All programs are subject to change at Science Central’s discretion.
TOTS check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. each month. Check-in takes place at the admissions desk in Science Central, where you will show your barcoded ticket to a staff member to scan. You will then proceed to Nature Nook on the center’s Top Level for the program.
Science Central and the media frequently take photos/videos of visitors which may be used for future Science Central promotions or publicity. These photos may be used without your consent and without compensation. If you do not want your image used, please avoid photographers and inform them of your desire. As a visitor, you are welcome to take photos for non-commercial use at Science Central.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Parents/guardians must remain with their children for the duration of the program.
Yes. Infant siblings, under the supervision of a parent/guardian, may be present during this program. There is no added fee.
Yes. Science Central can accommodate daycare or school-sized groups at TOTS.