The Science Matters program is designed to offer homeschool students an opportunity to spend time together participating in a scientific lab, a demonstration and exploring the exhibits. Be sure to make your reservations early because these popular programs fill quickly!
Science Matters is structured similarly to Science Central’s STEM camps and Coding Club programs, with a drop-off and pick-up portion. Parents simply check in their student and then come back at the end of the program to sign out their student. Parents are no longer required to remain in the building for the program. Please make sure to read through the Program Policy and Frequently Asked Questions pages!
Currently, face coverings are required for all participants due to hands-on activities that bring attendees into close contact with staff.
Time: Check-in: 8:45 AM - 9:00 AM; Program Runs: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM; Check-out: 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Program Cost for Non-members and Entry Level Members: $12/Student (Non-dissection Labs), $13/Student (Dissection Labs).
Program Cost for Deluxe Level Members: $8/Student (Non-dissection Labs), $9/Student (Dissection Labs).
- All course registrations close the week before the Tuesday event at 10:00 AM.
- Walk-ins on the day of the event will not be permitted. All course registrations close the week before the Tuesday event at 10:00 AM.
- Programs will not be delayed for late arrivals.
- Programs are subject to cancellation or change at Science Central's discretion.
- Covid 19 Note: As of this time masks are not required for students in attendance. Science Central will be actively updating our mask policy to match with any CDC updates and will inform participants of any mask policy changes or updates.
Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Biology and Anatomy / ”Telemetry” Demonstration
Ages 6-9: Frog Dissection
Ages 10-13: Frog Dissection
Tuesday, February 8, 2022
Chemistry / “Electrical Extravaganza” Demonstration
Ages 6-9: Color Chemist
Ages 10-13: Water Chemist
Tuesday, March 8, 2022
Geology / ”Mineral Madness” Demonstration
Ages 6-9: Rock Detective
Ages 10-13: Rock Detective
Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Biology & Anatomy / "Food, Poo, and You!" Demonstration
Ages 6-9: Building Organs
Ages 10-13: Enzymes, Activate!
Science Matters sessions will resume this fall!
Notes: Programs are recommended for age groups based on the level of difficulty in content and developmental appropriateness. Please use discretion when registering your child for a program out of his or her age range. Programs are subject to cancellation or change at Science Central’s discretion. Due to the popularity of some programs, Science Central sometimes needs to separate age groups into different classes.