Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Updated October 10, 2021
At Science Central, your health and safety are important to us. Our Mission of being a regional resource that provides inspiring and fun hands-on science education for all people of all ages, is not possible without healthy visitors in a safe environment.
The Coronavirus Pandemic has claimed many lives in the United States. It has changed the way we work, live, and feel, around the world and here in Northeast Indiana and the tri-state region. Consequently, we are taking the following precautions to help protect our visitors from the COVID-19 disease as you visit our facility.
Note: Science Central is temporarily limiting the number of visitors in the building each hour through the use of timed tickets. As such, Science Central strongly encourages the purchase of your timed tickets online (click here). Not only will you reserve your admission time, but you will save $1 per ticket. As always, members get in free, but will also need to reserve their timed tickets.
- * Please do not visit if you have COVID-19 symptoms or are not feeling well.
- * Masks are recommended for individuals who are fully vaccinated.
- * Masks are recommended for individuals ages 11 and younger, who cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine yet in Indiana.
- * Masks are required for individuals who are not fully vaccinated.
- * The numbers of visitors per hour is limited.
- * We request that everyone maintain social distancing. Traffic is largely one-way within the facility. Arrows are posted to direct traffic flow.
- * Extra cleaning by staff occurs throughout the day. Restrooms and high-touch areas are cleaned several times daily.
- * Free demonstrations are in the Temporary Exhibitions Gallery and Science on a Sphere, with limited seating.
Certain galleries and exhibits are closed:
- * Giant Slide
- * High Rail Bike
SCIENCE CENTRAL HAS TAKEN ENHANCED HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES FOR VISITORS AND STAFF. AN INHERENT RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 EXISTS IN ANY PUBLIC PLACE WHERE PEOPLE ARE PRESENT. BY VISITING SCIENCE CENTRAL, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE CONTAGIOUS NATURE OF THE VIRUS AND ASSUME ALL RISKS RELATED TO EXPOSURE TO COVID-19.
Click here for up to date information from the Allen County Department of Health.
Click here for up to date information from the Indiana State Department of Health.
Click here for up to date information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).