Demonstration Theater Remodel Project
This project is made possible by these supporters:
Science Central is excited to announce that the museum’s Demonstration Theater will be undergoing a major remodel, beginning in November 2021, that makes it more accessible to everyone. This project is possible thanks to support from AWS Foundation and the American Electric Power Foundation, on behalf of Indiana Michigan Power. Mosaic Building Solutions will be carrying out the remodel, working off designs by Bona Vita Architecture.
The project will see the Demonstration Theater’s physical structure and supporting technology enhanced. Enhancements include:
- Moveable, bleacher-style seats added to theater’s front row.
- Steps built on one side of theater.
- Safety handrails installed on each side of theater.
- Portable seatbacks will become available for visitors’ use.
- Bluetooth attachments for hearing aids will become available for visitors’ use.
- Talk-to-text system installed capable of providing live captions.
The theater will reopen to the public on May 26.
Rendering courtesy of Bona Vita Architecture depicting the remodeled Demonstration Theater