Fundraising Events Intern
- Science Central
- Fort Wayne, IN
Science Central, a hands-on science center (physical, natural and applied sciences), located within a large historical building, is currently hiring a knowledgeable, self-motivated, self-directed, highly organized event planner. This person will help plan three fundraising events including our Golf Classic, Whiskey-Whisky event, and Mixology.
Duties will include:
- Assist with coordinating silent auctions
- Assist with organizing items for events
- Assist with contacting vendors
- Assist with preparing committee meeting agendas and minutes
- Assist with recruiting volunteers to work the events
- Assist with thanking donors
- Assist with putting together goody bags
- Assist with setting up fundraising events
REQUIRED SKILLS: College student pursuing a degree in development, fundraising, event planning, or related field.
QUALIFICATIONS: Development, Fundraising, Event Planning.
SCHEDULE: The Fundraising Events Intern will work 15-25 hours per week. Duration and internships hours is flexible to meet the student’s school requirements.
COMPENSATION: This internship is an unpaid position. There is no housing or stipend offered by Science Central. Intern will work as a volunteer for the duration of the internship. A paid position is not guaranteed at the completion of the internship.
CREDIT: Science Central is happy to provide necessary documentation for the student’s college credit.
APPLY: Open posting, positions filled as needed. Send cover letter, resume and list of professional references (minimum of 3).
Science Central is an equal opportunity employer.